Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theories!!!!!
11-14-2009, 02:03 PM,
Re:Theories!!!!!
I'm confused. Who's Denison again?
11-14-2009, 02:04 PM,
*suppresses tears* He's the man Ethan helps when the neighbors tear down deer-protective fencing to purposefully set deers on his garden.
Jannes Pockele, CC BY 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons

Dennison did it.
11-14-2009, 02:04 PM,
Oh so that's why your name is DeerPranks. Thanks I get it now.
11-14-2009, 04:57 PM,
What if Yume and Amari got together offscreen? All the phone calls that Yume had seemed a little strange and thank you to Xanxen for bringing that up. We all saw the Yumari set up during the party and both of them were noticeably less involved in Russell's embezzlement episode. There was that one scene at the beginning where Amari actually hinted about hanging out with Yume (or at least that's how I interpreted it). Maybe Amari was the one on the phone with Yume (remember how Amari was never around when Yume took calls). Yume probably didn't want Ethan to know about it because Ethan liked Amari and so they kept their relationship secret.
“And I want these words to make things right
But it's the wrongs that make the words come to life”
11-14-2009, 05:12 PM,
I think that's an interesting theory, and I do like Yumari (or everyone together, let's be real). I know a lot of people are wondering why the show was canceled and I still think that part of it had to do with the planned content for Season 2. The network expected Ethan and Amari to get together because that is the natural conclusion to come out of a show like this. We do see a lot of chemistry between Ethan and Amari but the biggest hint we get of a potential relationship is Amari's obvious crush on Yume in the party episode. I wonder if the showrunners wanted to go somewhere with Yumari but couldn't because the network wanted Ethan and Amari together, and then it led to clashes around Season 2 that left the network unable to continue the show as intended. I realize that this is pessimistic and that the network might've been all for Yumari, but out of all the characters, Amari was the best match for Ethan and this is an Ethan-centric show. I'm not trying to bring homophobia into this but I just want to point out that the direction the showrunners wanted to take the characters and the direction the network wanted to take were fundamentally misaligned.
Nothing erases the past. What's canon is canon. What's true is true. That is all, but that is enough. ~Ted Chiang, roughly
11-14-2009, 05:13 PM,
Okay but can we just appreciate a good off-screen romance theory? It doesn't have to be about what was realistic for the network or whatever plus the show was canceled for low ratings just like every other show that is canceled
Ethan/everyone is my ship and IT WILL SAIL ON IN MY HEART
11-14-2009, 05:14 PM,
I'm not trying to discount anyone's theory. I'm just adding my own analysis.
Nothing erases the past. What's canon is canon. What's true is true. That is all, but that is enough. ~Ted Chiang, roughly
11-14-2009, 05:15 PM,
Yumari is CANON. Stop with all these other ships because it's clear to EVERYONE that the writers intended them to be together.
Icon credit: here
GOTH IS LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11-14-2009, 05:16 PM,
Come on, we can't go through this again. Every single ship would've worked and we don't have to make a big deal about which ship is "intended."
“And I want these words to make things right
But it's the wrongs that make the words come to life”
11-14-2009, 05:17 PM,
the more I think about it, denison and the coach could've been part of the awoken together. like they teamed up and stabbed ethan
Angel turn the lights off / carry me home Angel